My plan was to post a pretty pink strawberry cupcake with strawberry frosting for Valentine’s day. But things don’t always go according to plan, right? I’ve been having “technical difficulties” trying to make a sugar-free version of THIS cupcake. I’ve made three batches so far, but none of them have been good enough to share the recipe. I’m getting close though.
In the meantime, here’s a delicious, holiday-appropriate, strawberry cream cheese frosting.
Sugar-free Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of butter, at room temperature
- 2-3 teaspoons of Truvia (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries (which is about 10 regular sized strawberries)
1. Mix the butter, cream cheese and vanilla with a hand held mixer.
2. Mix in the strawberry puree.
That’s it! It’s really yummy.
I didn’t want to waste the frosting on the sub-par cupcakes (which turned out more like muffins), so I put most of it in an airtight tupperware and stuck it in the freezer, where it’s patiently waiting until I master these damn strawberry cupcakes. Hopefully this weekend.
P.S. – This was my first time ever using a pastry bag to pipe frosting…which is why it looks so bad!